Qualified L& D Professionals blend the data
There has been a steady stream of development in learning analytics and more professionals are entering the field and helping the training industry to develop tools and techniques. E-learning programs have increased not only in the education sector but even being applied for corporate training for employees. Qualified practitioners are far and few who know how to blend the data for practical usage. Getting specifically measured data for consumption is difficult. To address the two critical topics- learning by professionals they (to make training programs) and their qualified influence on corporate training need to be considered.
If you are ready, for the new version of measuring feedback and understanding data metrics-this blog could be useful. It hints at blending new methods of fun learning for companies that need‘well educated’ and ‘well trained’ employees.
Employee orientation can be fun
Companies have manualsets and SoPs that teach the new employee to be familiar with the policies and best practices. However, they remain unread like classic novels that adorn bookshelves, whose pages have never been opened for years. New management realize that they need to make simpler policies, digital training programs, and introduce the company culture in a more interactive and meaningful manner to employees. Learning analytics has taken over and made it possible for themanagement to add more panache to coaching programs. Training is now fun, animated, or game-oriented so employees are able to retain the information required to act appropriately at the precise moment. This is possible because there is a new bread of professionals who have the knowledge to apply analytics for a measured and result-oriented feedback. It was only 2-3 years ago that most training participants were given a feedback form at the end of the session and asked to evaluate the capabilities of teachers. With online programs gaining credence, the equations have changed. Distance learning through video calls, Skype, and webinars have added value to the emerging data. Employees now look forward to these sessions rather than excusing themselves.
What transformations have to lead to this change and full attendance in various corporate training programs? The answer is in-the-face learning analytics which has taken over. It is influencing corporate training programs in five big ways.
These five influencers have been possible because of the professionals associated with learning analytics. They are able to furnish reports to enhance the programs and they are not just dependent on feedback forms. When the data emerges, it allows the systems to have meaningful correlations. The first benefit is that the professionals are able to utilize the data that would be dead otherwise. It can be used for predictive analysis. There is a need to let L & D professionals to study the key performance indicators. They also need to be in sync with the ROI and different online platforms to justify the investment in these training programs.
How do skilled L & D experts function?
As part of the training modules, experts need to have a store where they can record all the data. This is utilized to help employees to learn in their own time also. They understand that the learning process needs to be extremely relevant. When they are clear about the objectives and are able to map the context of the modules they can adhere to a systematic approach to the sessions.
This is most useful for e-learning sessions in the following ways:
- When employees’ login, the statistics are available to the trainer. How many times they login and what engagement interests them during the course is recorded. This gives the trainer an opportunity to make changes and customize it for the employee’s session.
- The metrics are a good indicator to know if the learning material is relevant to the course. Trainers also can be assessed in the same manner.
- They understand if videos work better than manuals or one-on-one sessions with certain employees. Interactive modules or Q & A or even quizzes work successfully.
- Learners are prone to ask for help and coaches should be available. An online help desk helps them to overcome the technical hitches.
- Going the extra mile, some learning analytic experts even monitor the employees how well they do in the actual world. Is it helping them to perform their jobs better? Metrics are aligned to assist them in achieving the measured performances.
Data-driven goals need to be blended for a fun learning experience for any organization.